Instructional Strategy: Concept Formation, Concept Mapping, Compare/Contrast
Blooms Levels: 1 – 4 (knowledge, comprehension, analysis, evaluation)
Bubbl.us is a free web-based tool that allows users to create, save and share mind maps. A mind map is a visual representation of ideas and concepts that includes central ideas surrounded by connected branches of associated topics.
Bubbl.us aims to assist with the brainstorming process and encourages creative thinking. In addition, mind maps provide structure and organization to allow for better comprehension and recall.
Mind Mapping Uses:
- Organize ideas and concepts Develop new and expanded meanings as information is organized and manipulated
- Communicate ideas and thought processes
- Categorize learning by grouping content
- Classify objects, events, or ideas for a deeper level of comprehension
- Brainstorm and explore ideas, concepts or problems
- Facilitate better understanding of relationships and connections between ideas and concepts
- Develop and refine the ability to recall and discriminate among key ideas to see commonalities and identify relationships
- Form personalized understanding of concepts and connections
- Compare and sequence items of information
- See insight into students’ thought process