The following instructions are for copying an entire course. For instructions on copying individual items, click this link: Course Component Copy
Important Notes Regarding Duplication:
- Copying components (i.e. quizzes, assignments, etc.) does not overwrite previous items in a course; instead, it adds to the items already in the course.
- For example, If a course contains 5 quizzes and a course with 3 quizzes is copied into it, the course will contain 8 quizzes.
- If the same component or tool is copied multiple times it will create duplicates.
- The only component that can be overwritten is a course file, if the file being copied has the same name as the existing file.
- Copying a course will not copy student data, such as discussion posts, submitted assignments, or entered grades.
To learn more about the course copy feature in D2L, view the instructional video: Course Copy Instructional Video, or continue the instructions below:
- From the My Courses menu, select the Course you wish to copy content into.
- Select the Gear Icon.
- Select Import/Export/Copy Components.
- Select the radio button to Copy Components from Another Org Unit. Then, select Search for Offering.
- Search for the course to copy content from by entering the course title or CRN number in the text field, then select the Magnifying Glass.
- Select the radio button for the course you wish to copy from, then select Add Selected.
- To copy the entire course, select Copy All Components.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Selecting Copy All Components will automatically start the copy process. This will copy the entire course, including the gradebook!
- The course copy is now in process. Wait for the copy process to complete.