Note: Follow these steps to copy the entire course. To copy individual items, view the Course Component Copy page.
Important Note Regarding Duplication:
- Components or tools (i.e. quizzes, dropboxes, etc) that are copied multiple times will create duplicates. For example, if a course contains 5 quizzes and a course with 3 quizzes is copied into it, the course will contain 8 quizzes.
- The only component that might be overwritten is Course Files. A course file is overwritten if one of the files being copied has the same name as an existing file. No other components are overwritten.
- To learn more about the course copy feature in D2L, view the following instructional video- Course Copying in Desire2Learn
Step-by-Step Course Copy Instructions
- From the My Courses menu, select the Course you wish to copy content into.
- Select the Gear Icon from the Mini Bar located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Import/Export/Copy Components.
- Select Copy Components from Another Org Unit.
- Select Search for Offering.
- Search for the course to copy content from by selecting the Magnifying Glass Search Icon.
- Select the Radio Button next to the course you want to copy from.
- Select Add Selected.
- To copy the entire course, select Copy All Components
Caution: Selecting Copy All Components will automatically start the copy process. This will copy the entire course, including the gradebook!
- The Course Copy is now in a queue. Users can wait to see if the copy is complete or navigate away from the screen while the copy is processing.