In the event that a proctored setting is not able to utilize the Respondus Lockdown Browser, an Instructor may be required to create a copy of the required quiz for use in the proctored setting that does not require Lockdown Browser. Access to the quiz can then be restricted by setting up a Special Access permission in the Restrictions Tab of the quiz.
NOTE: Grades from a copied quiz will need to be manually added to a D2L Grade Book as Grade Items cannot be associated with multiple assessments.
- From the Assessments drop-down menu on the Navigation Bar, select Quizzes.
- Select the More Actions drop-down menu.
- Select Copy.
- Select the Quiz that you wish to copy from the Quiz to Copy drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for the new quiz in the New Quiz Name field.
- Set the Quiz Status from the New Quiz Status drop-down menu.
- OPTIONAL - Select the Edit Quiz after copy completes checkbox to edit the quiz after copying it and set up a Special Access permission.
- Select Save.
To set up a Special Access Permission
- From within the Edit Quiz screen, select the Restrictions Tab.
- Scroll down and then select the button for Allow only users with special access to see this quiz.
- Select the Add Users with special access.
- Select Ok on the Information pop-up window.
- Select the Checkbox next to Has Start Date and/or Has End Date.
- Enter the Start/End Dates and Times for the quiz.
- Select a timing preference from the options presented.
- Enter a time limit and enforcement option, if applicable.
NOTE: Setting different access dates and time options for users in Special Access will not impact any dates and time options set in the Restrictions Tab of the quiz.
- Select the checkbox next to any student who should have special access to the quiz.
- Select Add Special Access.
- Select Save & Close.
NOTE: You may set up multiple Special Access criteria within a quiz to meet the individual needs of students.