To learn more about assessing discussions in D2L, view the following instructional video: Discussions (Instructional Videos)
- Select Discussions from the Assessments or Communication drop-down menu on the Navigation Bar.
- Select the Downward-Facing Triangle next to the topic name.
- Select Assess Topic.
- Select Topic Score under each user’s name.
- Enter the Topic Score.
- To send the grade to the gradebook, select the Checkbox for Publish to Grades.
NOTE: New discussion thread and replies to discussion threads posted by the user can be seen below the feedback area.
- Enter Feedback for the user in the General Feedback field.
- Select Save and Close.
- Repeat for each user.
BEST PRACTICE: If an Instructor wants to prohibit new posts to Forums or Topics after a deadline has passed, it is recommended to lock the Forums or Topics instead of hiding them as this will still allow users to view the posts without being able to add new posts.