To learn more about assessing Discussions in D2L, view the following instructional videos: Discussions (Instructional Videos)
BEST PRACTICE: To prohibit students from posting to a Forum or Topic after a deadline has passed, it is recommended to lock the Forum or Topic instead of hiding it as this will allow students to view existing posts without being able to add new posts.
- On a Desktop or Laptop: From the Assessments or Communication menu, select Discussions.
On a Mobile Device: From the Mobile Menu, select Assessments or Communication, then select Discussions.
- Select the drop-down menu next to the topic title you wish to grade.
- Select Assess Topic.
- Select Topic Score under each user’s name.
- Enter the Topic Score and Feedback.
NOTE: Discussion threads and replies posted by the user are displayed below the General Feedback area.
- Select the Checkbox for Publish score on save to send the score to the gradebook.
- Select Save and Close.