SurveyMonkey is a free surveying tool and can be accessed through the web, or app for both Android and iOS. SurveyMonkey can be used to gather information anonymously or as an assessment tool to check for students’ level of understanding. With SurveyMonkey, you can easily create items such as surveys, opinion polls, quizzes/tests, questionnaires, or invitations right in your web browser — no special software is required!
SurveyMonkey is a great tool to gain knowledge and gather information from students and colleagues, including:
- Student information (name, phone number, email, etc.)
- Current understanding of key concepts
- Feelings about student understanding (i.e. critical evaluation of their own learning)
- Lingering questions
- Requests for support exercises
- Student feedback/comments
- Students’ preferred learning styles
With SurveyMonkey you can hit the ground running by using one of the many available templates, or start with a blank survey canvas. When your survey is built and ready to collect responses, select from one of the following Collect Responses options:
Survey Monkey Features (Free Account)
- 10 questions
- 100 responses
- Standard email support
- Create your own unique survey, or choose from a variety of themes/templates
- Choose from 15 different question types
- See responses in real-time
- Filter, crosstab, and graph results
- Export responses in multiple formats
SurveyMonkey is not limited to instructor use, students can utilize SurveyMonkey as part of a class project to gather group member information, conduct surveys or polls, schedule convenient times for group work, or conduct group member evaluations.
If you’d like to learn more about SurveyMonkey please visit their website at https://www.surveymonkey.com/ or visit the How It Works page for additional information at https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/take-a-tour/?ut_source=header.