Instructors can exempt a grade item for an individual student so that it does not count against the student’s overall grade. Exemptions are made when entering grades for the specific item.
When an Instructor exempts a grade item for a student, the following pages are affected:
- Instructor pages: Enter Grades, Grade User, Grade Category, Grade Item, Import Preview.
- Student pages: My Grades.
- User Progress: Summary and Grades tabs.
Note: Grade Category and Grade User pages display exemptions, but do not support adding or removing exemptions.
1. Select Grades.
2. Select Enter Grades.
3. Select the drop-down menu next to the grade item, then select Enter Grades.
4. Select the Checkbox next to the student(s) for whom you want to exempt.
5. Select Exempt.
6. Select Save and Close.