NOTE: Grade Categories must be created within D2L. If you wish to have your grade items organized into categories, it is recommended that you create the Grade Categories prior to importing. For instructions on creating Grade Categories, please visit Creating Grade Categories and Items.
Working from a spreadsheet file, such as Excel, follow the steps below:
- Column 1: OrgDefinedID (The Student’s Banner or X Number)
- Column 2: Username
NOTE: Files can be imported using OrgDefinedID and/or Username columns. Only one column is required.
- Grade Item Columns should contain the name of the item followed by:
- For Numeric or Pass/Fail Grade Items — Points Grade (Example: Essay 1 Points Grade)
- For Selectbox Grade Items — Grade Symbol (Example: Essay 1 Grade Symbol)
- For Text Grade Items — Text Grade (Example: Comments Text Grade)
- If using the Final Adjusted Grade (Not Required), the following columns should be included:
- Adjusted Final Grade Numerator
- Adjusted Final Grade Denominator
- The LAST column must be called End-of-Line Indicator and the value for each row in that column must be a hash/pound sign (#).
- Files must be saved as .CSV or .TXT files.
NOTE: Only Numeric, Pass/Fail, Selectbox, Text grade items, and the Final Adjusted Grade can be imported. The Final Calculated Grade will automatically be updated based on the imported grade data. Below are sample files for Importing Grades with or without the Final Adjusted Grade Column: