NOTE: In order to create weighted grade categories, the course gradebook must be set up as a weighted gradebook. For instructions on setting up a weighted gradebook, see the instructions for the Grades Setup Wizard.
- From the Navigation Bar, select Grades.
- Select Manage Grades.
- Select New, then select Category.
- Enter a Name for the category.
- Enter a Weight (%) for the category.
NOTE: The default weight is 10%.
- Select a Distribution Option.
- eLearning recommends using “Distribute weights by points across all items in the category.”
- Weights must be distributed evenly to use the drop lowest or highest grade functions.
- The total weight of all items within a category must be 100%.
- Select Save & Close.