IMPORTANT NOTE: The weight of all items within a category must total 100%.
- From the Navigation Bar, select Grades.
- Select Manage Grades.
- Select New, then select Item.
- Select the Grade Item Type you wish to use.
NOTE: The most commonly used grade item type is Numeric.
- Enter a Name for the grade item.
BEST PRACTICE: Grade item names should match the assessment item it will be associated with to aid in locating and viewing specific grades in a course.
- Select a Category to associate the grade item with.
- Enter the number of Maximum Points for the grade item.
NOTE: Depending on the options selected during category set up, associated with the item,this may or may not affect the items weight in the category.
- Enter the Weight (%) that the grade item will contribute to the category. (For example, if the grade item is worth 10% of the category weight, enter 10.)
NOTE: If “Distribute points evenly across all items” or “Distribute weight by points across all items in the category” was selected during Category set up, this option will be grayed out.
- Select Save & Close.