IMPORTANT NOTE: The total weight of all items within a category must be 100%.
- From the top, right-hand corner of the screen on the Navigation Bar, select Grades.
- If necessary, select Manage Grades from grades toolbar.
- Select New.
- Select Item.
- Select the Grade Item Type you wish to use.
- Enter the Name of the grade item.
- Select a Category that you would like to associate the grade item with.
NOTE: The category percentage weight will display next to the category name.
- Enter the number of Maximum Points for the grade item.
NOTE: Depending on the options that you chose for the category that the item is in, this may or may not affect the items weight in the category.
- Enter the Percentage Weight that the assignment contributes to the category. Example: If an assignment is worth 25% of the category weight, enter 25.
NOTE: This option may be grayed out if “Distribute points evenly across the category” or “Distribute weight by points” was selected for the Category settings.
- Select Save & Close.