- From the Manage Course drop-down menu, select Edit Course.
- Under the Communication section, select Intelligent Agents.
- Select New.
- Enter the Agent Name.
- Select the Checkbox next to Agent is enabled.
NOTE: Agents must be enabled before they can be ran.
- Determine the Criteria and Settings the agent looks for:
- Take Action When the Following Login Criteria are Satisfied — Select if you want the agent to search for login activity and choose the appropriate settings.
- Take Action When the Following Course Activity Criteria is Satisfied - Select if you want the agent to search for course activity and choose the appropriate settings.
- Attach any Release Conditions you wish to have the agent monitor in addition to the action criteria.
NOTE: Instructors may use any combination of criterion when creating an agent.
- Select the Radio Button for one of the Action Repetition options.
- Select the Checkbox next to Use Schedule.
- Select Update Schedule and select the necessary settings.
- Select Update.
- Type the Names of Recipients in the To, Cc, and Bcc Field.
NOTE: You can use special replacement strings in these fields to automatically enter an email address for users who have met the criteria of the agent. For instructions on using replacement strings, please visit: Using Replacement Strings
- Enter an Email Subject. You may use special replacement strings in this field.
- Enter the Message content. You may use special replacement strings in this field.
- Select Save and Close.