- Select the My Media link in D2L, located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- From the My Media home page, select Add New to display the drop-down menu.
- Select Create Media from the drop-down menu. This will launch the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder.
NOTE: Each time you launch the CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder, you will return to the download screen; you DO NOT need to re-download or reinstall the CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder.
- Select the SCREEN & WEBCAM option within the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder.
- A. Select the screen you would like to capture.
Note: Only one screen will appear if you only have one monitor.
B. Then, select the area to capture by choosing Full Screen to capture the entire screen, or Select Area to capture a specific area of the screen.
- Based on your selection above, follow the appropriate instructions (Full Screen or Select Area):
A. “Full Screen” Recording Instructions:
If Full Screen is selected, select the RECORD button to begin the screen capture and webcam recording.
NOTE: Verify that your webcam and microphone are activated and the volume is turned up. The webcam will launch once the record button has been selected.Selecting RECORD will initialize a 5 second countdown before the screen capture and webcam recording begins. The following countdown will appear:
B. “Select Area” Recording Instructions:
If Select Area is selected, click the SELECT AREA button to select the specific area of your desktop to record.
NOTE: Verify that your webcam and microphone are activated and the volume is turned up.
Follow the Select Area prompt to drag your mouse over the area you wish to capture.
Note: The webcam will launch once the screen capture area has been selected. The webcam window may be moved to a different location by clicking and dragging the window.
Releasing the mouse will initialize a 5 second countdown before the screen capture and webcam recording begins. The following countdown will appear:
- Once the screen capture/webcam recording begins, the Recording Screen Capture window will appear at the bottom, right of your screen. Select from the following options: Draw, Pause/Resume, Done, or Cancel.
NOTE: If this menu does not appear, select the Kaltura icon from the taskbar on your computer.
- Select Done when your recording is complete.
- A preview window will load and play back your recording.
NOTE: Segments of the recording can be removed via the Trim and Chop editing tools, as desired.Trimming and Chopping is only possible if the resulting video is longer than 10 seconds.
- Trim will remove video outside of the blue selections sliders.
- Chop will remove video within the blue selection sliders.
- Select Done located in the bottom, right-hand corner of the screen when you are finished previewing/editing your recording.
- Review or modify the Title field.Optional: Enter a description and/or tags.
- Select Upload to add the recording to your Kaltura My Media gallery.
Note: Recordings must be uploaded into the Kaltura My Media gallery. If you select save, instead of upload, your recording will be saved in the CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder until you select the upload option.
- In your web browser, select the back button to return to the My Media gallery.
NOTE: The recording will not appear in My Media until it has been processed by the Kaltura server. The amount of time required for the file to appear in the My Media gallery will depend on its size.