Create a copy or snippet from an existing video in Kaltura to break a longer video into smaller parts, or to highlight a specific part of a video. Creating a copy will generate a new media file; therefore, the original media file is not affected.
NOTE: Captions will need to be ordered for copied or clipped file(s) as captions will not copy over from the original video file.
- Log into D2L.
- Select My Media from the D2L Home Page.
- Locate the video for which you wish to create a clip.
- Select Edit from the My Media gallery home page.
- Select Launch Editor.
- Use the Media Timeline to set the start and end points.
- Set the Starting Point by manually adjusting the Marker on the timeline.
- Set the Ending Point by manually adjusting the Marker on the timeline.
- Select Save a Copy.
Note: Editing existing captions on the new copy will NOT be possible. However, users can order new captions.
- Edit the Title for the new copy.
- Select Create to save the new copy.
- Select Ok.