The accuracy of machine captions is dependent on the quality of the recording and the speaker’s voice. Typically, the accuracy of machine captions will be about 70 – 80%; therefore, the captions must be reviewed and manually edited to 100% accuracy to meet ADA Standards. For more information on ADA Standards, click here.
NOTE: Captions should remain UNPUBLISHED until reviewed and edited, to 100% accuracy, in order to meet ADA Standards.
- Log into D2L.
- Select My Media from the D2L Home Page, located in the upper-right corner.
- Locate the video for which you wish to edit captions.
- Select the Video Thumbnail and/or Video Title to open the video.
- Select the Actions drop-down menu, and select Edit Captions.
Note: This will launch the Customer Edit tool. If the Customer Edit tool does not automatically open in a new window, Select the CUSTOMER REVIEW link to launch the editor.
- Customer Editor Layout and Features
- A: The editor will display one row for each of the recording’s caption tracks. Select the caption(s) you wish to edit from the left-hand column.
- When done making edits, select Save to save all edits.
- Select Approve to publish the edits.
- This will open a pop-up window. Select Approve again.
- A “Job Approved” dialog will appear to confirm that your updates have been saved. The captions file will now be published.