Video Quizzing Introduction
Increase student engagement, with video quizzing, by inserting questions throughout the video. Students will be prompted to answer the questions as part of the viewing experience. Instructors can analyze viewer engagement and understanding of the content through video analytics. Interactive video quizzing enables measurement, and provides a new way to further support student learning outcomes. Video Quizzes can be used as ungraded learning activities, or can be connected to the D2L gradebook if being used as a graded assessment.
- Increase engagement: Capture the student’s attention and reduce drop-off.
- Evaluate knowledge: Discover the depth of understanding and retention for individual students.
- Evaluate material: Use as a poll to discover students’ knowledge, opinions and reactions.
- Support learning outcomes: Provide a more engaging method to transfer information.
How It Works
Interactive video quizzing embeds multiple choice, true/false and reflection point questions at any point in a video. These questions are attached to the video and ‘travel’ with the video, wherever it is embedded or presented. As students watch the video, the questions will appear at the chosen points; the video continues after each question is answered. Flexible settings allow instructors to choose whether viewers can repeat sections, skip questions, revise answers, get hints, or display correct answers. These options allow video quizzing to be used to increase engagement, test knowledge and retention, and to gather data.
- Fully integrated with the Kaltura video player
- Connects with the D2L gradebook (for more information visit Connecting Kaltura Video Quizzes to a D2L Gradebook)
- Simple quiz creation wizard
- Flexible options using the Kaltura interface to:
- Download questions before taking the quiz
- Skip questions and come back to them later
- Ask for a hint
- See results at the end of the quiz
- Receive explanations for correct answers
- Multiple question formats
- Multiple Choice questions allows 2, 3, or 4 answer choices
- True/False question format
- Reflection Point
- Unlimited number of questions allowed
- User-based and question-based analytics
- Viewing supported on all devices
Video Quiz Editor Overview
The Video Quiz Editor is used to add questions or polls throughout videos. The Editor consists of four main parts:
- Quiz Settings: Select Details, Scores, and Experience to define settings for the quiz.
- Done: Select when the video quiz set up is complete.
- Video Player: Used for video playback and adding question(s) at specific points in time.
- Video Timeline: Shows question placement as they are added to the video.