Important Note: The accuracy of machine captions is dependent on the quality of the recording and the speaker’s voice. Typically, the accuracy of machine captions will be about 70 – 80%; therefore, the captions must be reviewed and manually edited to 100% accuracy to meet ADA Standards.
For more information on ADA Standards, click here.
Captions should remain UNPUBLISHED until reviewed and edited, to 100% accuracy, in order to meet ADA Standards.
- Log into D2L.
- Select My Media from the D2L Home Page, located in the upper-right corner.
- Locate the video for which you wish to request captions.
- Select the Video Thumbnail and/or Video Title to open the video.
- Select the Actions drop-down menu, and select Order Captions.
- Under Source Media Language, verify that the main speaker language is correct.
Note: Captions will be returned in the source language you have selected.
- To submit the order, Select Order Captions.
Reminder: Captions are computer-generated and MUST BE reviewed and edited by the requester.
- An order request message will appear.
- Check the status of your caption request by selecting View Caption Requests from the Actions drop-down menu.
- The captions will generate within approximately 20 – 30 minutes. A table will display the status for the caption request.
Note: The status will progress as follows: PENDING > IN PROCESS > CUSTOMER REVIEW.
- When CUSTOMER REVIEW becomes clickable, the captions are ready to be reviewed and edited.
Reminder: Captions should remain UNPUBLISHED until they have been reviewed and edited. Once captions have been edited to 100% accuracy, the captions can be published.