IMPORTANT NOTE: The accuracy of machine captions is dependent on the quality of the recording and the speaker’s voice. Typically, the accuracy of machine captions will be about 70 – 80%; therefore, captions must be reviewed and manually edited to 100% accuracy to meet accessibility standards. Visit the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 (opens in a new window) for additional information.
- From the D2L My Home page, select My Media.
- Locate the video for which you wish to request captions.
- Select the Video Thumbnail and/or Video Title to open the video.
- Select the Actions menu, then select Order Captions.
- Under Source Media Language, verify the language is correct.
- Select Order Captions.
NOTE: The captions will generate within approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear.
- From the Actions menu, check the status of the captions request by selecting Caption Requests.
- View the Status of the captions request.
NOTE: The status will progress as follows: PENDING > IN PROCESS > CUSTOMER REVIEW.
- When the Status shows CUSTOMER REVIEW, the captions are ready to be reviewed and edited.
- Select Review and Approve.
NOTE: This will launch the Captions Editor. For step-by-step instructions for using the Captions Editor to edit captions, click here.