- Each area that can be edited is surrounded by a dotted line.
- These sections visually stack on top of one another.
- For example, any color/image placed in “Middle Background” will show over the top of any color/image placed in “Inner Navbar Background”.
- Whenever you select a section to edit, it will open a properties window for you to complete the edits.
- The properties available to edit will change, depending on which section you are in. Some of these properties include:
- Background color/image for the section
- Text color for the section
- Image repeat and location options for the section
- Margins and borders for the section
- Limit the size of any image placed in the Navbar sections.
- Overly large images can cause the area available for the rest of your homepage to minimize resulting in difficulty in view-ability, especially on smaller screens.
- The recommended size for images on the Navbar is 1000 pixels wide by 75 pixels tall.
- When selecting colors, keep in mind ADA compliance standards.
- All background-to-text colors should have a contrast ratio of at least 8:1 to be Level AAA compliant for visual disabilities.
- A color contrast analyzer is available here: http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrastanalyser/
You will need to download the zip file and unzip it in order to access the application file. In order to use this analyzer, you will need to be able to determine the six digit hex code for each color you wish to test.
- If you need assistance with determining the six digit hex code or ADA standards for color contrast, please contact the eLearning Department by:
- Additional ADA compliance standards for web pages can be viewed at the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) site at: http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/
Come visit the eLearning team in TLC 427
If you are unable to visit in person, please contact us by email
, or by phone at (517
- Was this Helpful ?
- yes no