Instructional Strategies: Lecture, Critical Thinking, Reflecting, Didactic Questioning, Presenting
Bloom’s Level: 1 – 5 (Remembering, Understanding, Applying, Analyzing, and Evaluating)
Nearpod is a free, web-based platform that allows instructors to design presentations that include live, formative assessment opportunities. Presentations can be created by using existing PowerPoint presentations, or by creating a new presentation from scratch. Share presentation live during class, or add to any D2L course. Add polls and quiz questions throughout the lecture presentation to gauge student understanding and promote student-centered learning.
If prompted, enter this classroom code: REFAK
Nearpod Features (Free Platform):
- Add PNG/JPG images, and PDF files.
- Add interactive, formative tools including polls, quiz questions, and short videos.
- Share Nearpod presentations in D2L via a link or embed code, or live during lecture.
- Compatible on Android/ iOS mobile devices, and PC/ MAC computers.
- Students can respond to polls/quiz questions live during class.
- Use the Reports tool to track student progress.
Capture students’ attention and increase engagement with this all-in-one interactive presentation platform! If you’d like to learn more about Nearpod please visit their website at www.nearpod.com or visit the How it Works page at https://nearpod.com/how-it-works. Please note that users can elect to upgrade to a paid account to gain access to additional features and tools.