Help Students Improve Their Grammar and Writing Skills
Instructional Strategy - Critical Thinking, Think-Pair-Share, Self-driven personalized learning
Blooms Levels - 1, 2, 3, 4 (knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis)
NoRedInk is a free, web-based application that allows students to practice and improve grammar and writing skills. Instructors are able to provide formative and summative assessments on a number of writing and grammar areas, as well as have access to reports on student results. Lesson topics include embedding quotations, active and passive voice, commonly confused words, and punctuation use, to name a few.
Uses, Features and Benefits
- Provide additional lessons and practice exercises that focus on specific grammar and writing skills
- Exercises allow students to see what they did wrong, have multiple attempts, and receive helpful hints along the way
- Develop formative practice assignments with a few easy clicks of the mouse
- Develop summative assessment quizzes to fully gauge student growth
- Create quizzes that will auto-grade
- Provide students with unlimited help on the critical writing and grammar areas they need
- Track growth; view results of student attempts
Instructors can create a free account and establish a class or multiple classes, as well as multiple exercises/practices for that class. Students can access your class for free, and use the instructor provided class code (ie. HTU378) to access the exercises or quizzes the instructor has created or assigned.
If you’d like to learn more about NoRedInk please visit their website at https://www.noredink.com/, or visit the For Teachers resources page to viewstep-by-step directions for getting started at https://www.noredink.com/for-teachers.