To learn more about Creating Quizzes in D2L, view the following instructional video: Creating Quizzes Instructional Video
BEST PRACTICE: Instructors should review their quizzes each semester to ensure that the quizzes are aligned with the learning objectives and content covered during the semester.
- From the Assessments menu, select Quizzes.
- Select New Quiz.
- Enter the Name of the quiz.
- Under the Quiz Questions section, select Add/Edit Questions.
NOTE: For complete instructions on creating questions, view Creating Quiz Questions.
- Select the Restrictions tab.
- From the Status menu, select Active.
NOTE: In order for students to be able to access the quiz, the status must be set to Active.
- Select the Assessment tab.
- To release the score to students immediately upon completion, select the Checkbox to Allow attempt to be set as graded immediately upon completion.
NOTE: Some quiz question types, such as Written Response, will still need to be scored manually.
- From the Grade Item menu, select the Grade Item the quiz should be associated with.
- Select add grade item to create a grade item if one doesn’t already exist.
BEST PRACTICE: The Quiz title and Grade Item title should match.
- To have quiz scores automatically exported to the grade book, select the Checkbox to Allow automatic export to grades.
- Select Save and Close.