Remind is a free communication tool that helps instructors instantly connect with students by sending quick, simple messages to any device. Send a one-way message or elect to allow for 2-way communication by utilizing the chat feature. Messages can be sent via text (standard messaging rates will apply), email, or smartphone notifications!
Key Features and Uses :
- Send messages directly to mobile devices (email, text, or mobile app).
- Create announcements in advance and schedule them to auto-send later.
- Receive student replies (optional).
- Attach and send photos, links, documents, presentations, PDFs.
- Record and send voice messages to students (available only on the mobile app).
- Send assignment information to help students stay organized.
- Send reminders or schedule changes about upcoming exams, due dates, meetings, events, and activities.
- Reach out to absent students to keep them in the loop.
- Send messages that highlight topics to focus on before the next class.
Set up is easy! Begin by creating an account, followed by setting up your Remind class(es); for example, History 101- 8AM Class. Each class created in Remind will generate a unique class code (ie. @453ghj). Invite students to join your class using one of the following methods:
Students interested in joining your class will need to begin by creating a student account where they will be prompted to enter the unique class code (ie. @453ghj) you have provided. Once logged in, students will be able to select their preferred contact method- email, text, etc.
Students can sign up using one of the following ways:
- Text the instructor’s unique class code to 81010, and then follow the steps to create an account. (Note: Standard text messaging rates will apply.)
- Download the free Remind app (available for IOS and Android), create an account, and enter the instructor’s unique class code.
- Go to remind.com/join, create an account, and then enter your instructor’s unique class code.
Tips for Success:
- Provide clear instructions on registering.
- Explain why you are using Remind.
- Use the service as promised.
Start communicating with your students today! If you’d like to learn more about Remind, please visit their website at https://www.remind.com/, or visit the Help Center page to view step-by-step directions at https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us.