Rubric Levels: The levels of accomplishment of the rubric rating scale. Recommended to have 3 – 5 levels, and always arrange highest to lowest. Instructors may keep the default language (Level 4 — Level 1) or they may personalize the level rating scale. For example, rubric levels could be broken down into categories such as:
- Excellent, Good, Acceptable, Unacceptable
- Above Average, Sufficient, Developing, Needs improvement.
- Level 4, Level 3, Level 2, Level 1
- From the Assessments menu, select Rubrics.
- Select the Title of the rubric.
- Select the Levels and Criteria Tab.
- Select the drop-down menu for the level to be edited, then select Edit Level.
- Enter a Level Name.
- Enter a Score (points) for the level.
NOTE: For custom point rubrics, you may enter a different score (points) for each criterion.
- (OPTIONAL) Enter Feedback for each criterion.
- Select Save.
- Repeat Steps 4 – 8 for each additional level.