A thumbnail is an image that is displayed in the My Media Gallery and player prior to playing the video.
1. Log into D2L.
2. Select My Media from the D2L Home Page, located in the upper-right corner.
3. Locate the video you wish to set viewer options for and click the Edit button.
4. Click the Thumbnails Tab.
5. Choose an option for adding a thumbnail to the video
- Upload Thumbnail — Upload a thumbnail from your desktop and use it as the default thumbnail
- Capture — Use the above player to to seek the frame you would like to use as your default thumbnail and then click on the Capture button.
- Auto-Generate — Select one thumbnail from ten automatically generated thumbnails of this video and set it as the default thumbnail.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts for completing the selected option.