IMPORTANT NOTE: These instructions are based on the Mac operating system.
- Navigate to the document on Express you wish to create a link to in D2L.
- Right Click on the File you wish to link to.
- Select Get Info.
- Copy Link Information from the Server information.
- Within D2L, select Content.
- From within the desired module, select Upload/Create.
- Select Create a Link.
- Add a Title, and Paste the link into the URL textbox.
- Change the 1st half of the link to read http://express.lcc.edu/
- KEEP THE 2nd HALF! The remainder of the link (/faculty/<userid>/examplefolder/exampledoc.docx) should remain in place.
NOTE: DO NOT include any spaces or special characters (i.e. %, ?, *, etc) in the file names or the link may not work.
- Select the Checkbox to Open as External Resource.
- Select Create.