IMPORTANT NOTE: These instructions are based on the Windows operating system.
- Navigate to the document on Express you wish to create a link to in D2L.
- Select the Navigation Bar of the file window to obtain the beginning of the link information.
- Copy the Link.
- Within D2L, select Content.
- From within the desired module, select New.
- Select Create a Link.
- Add a Title, and Paste the link into the URL textbox.
- Change the 1st half of the link to read http://express.lcc.edu/
- KEEP THE 2nd HALF! The remainder of the link (/faculty/<userid>/examplefolder/exampledoc.docx) should remain in place.
- However, replace all Forward Slashes (\) with Back Slashes (/).
- Add a Back Slash (/) at the end of the folder link if one is not already in place.
- Add the Name of the file including the File Extension. (Example: untitled.docx or example.pdf)
NOTE: Do NOT include any spaces or special characters (i.e. %, ?, *, etc) in the file names or the link will not work.
- If you would like the link to open in a new window, select the Checkbox for open as external resource.
- Select Create.