NOTE: These instructions are based on the Windows operating system.
- Navigate to the document on Express you wish to create a link to in D2L.
- In the file window, select and copy the link information.
- Within D2L, select Content.
- From within the desired module, select Upload/Create.
- Select Create a Link.
- Add a Title, and Paste the link into the URL textbox.
- Change the 1st half of the link to read http://express.lcc.edu/
- Do not alter the 2nd half! The remainder of the link (/faculty/<userid>/examplefolder/exampledoc.docx) should remain in place.
- Replace all Forward Slashes (\) with Back Slashes (/).
- Add a Back Slash (/) at the end of the folder link if one is not already in place.
- Add the Name of the file including the File Extension. (Example: untitled.docx or example.pdf)
NOTE: DO NOT include any spaces or special characters (i.e. %, ?, *, etc) in the file names or the link will not work.
- Select the Checkbox for Open as External Resource.
- Select Create.