Instructional Strategy: Compare/Contrast, Collaboration, Demonstration, Brainstorming
Bloom’s Level: 1 – 5 (Remembering, Understanding, Applying, Analyzing and Evaluating)
|Trello is a free web-based tool that allows a single person or a team of collaborators to organize and manage projects/lesson plans, and share some or all of the work with others. Use Trello to develop the workflow for a project, lesson plan with fellow instructors, identify responsibilities for student team projects, etc. Make the board public to share with others, or keep it private to allow only team member access.|
- Clarify and organize ideas/thoughts
- Collaboration/ group projects
- Individual assignments/projects
- Project planning/management — road mapping, timeline, responsibilities, checklists
- Graphic organizer
- Digital storytelling
- Lesson planning
(create, coordinate, and share lesson plans/assignments with other colleagues)
- Weekly Class newsletter
- Storage space for class resources and links
- Track student progress (track individual or group work progress, provide feedback and facilitate peer communication/collaboration)
How it works:
Step 1: Create a board.
Step 2: Create lists within the board (ie. questions, parts of a projects, or groups of activities).
Step 3: Add cards to each list (activities or steps related to the list topic).
Teams or individuals can add a variety of items to each card, including: checklists, due dates, attachments, links, media files, and the person responsible for completing the card. Both lists and cards can be rearranged on the board by simple drag-and-drop. Use notifications to ensure group members are aware of any changes, edits or additions by mentioning their name in a comment.
Trello (Free Option) Tools and Features:
- Unlimited boards, lists, cards, members, checklists, attachments, etc.
- Basic Power-Ups (calendar, voting, card aging)
- Basic integrations with OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- File attachments up to 10MB
- Notification system for group members- inside the app, via email, desktop notifications via the browser, or via mobile push notifications
- Works in real-time- when a group members moves a card, it moves on your board instantly, no matter what device used
- Compatible for iPhone, iPad, Android phones, tablets, watches, and Kindle Fire tablets
- Data is private and secure
Trello has everything you need to organize projects of any size. If you’d like to learn more about Trello please visit their website at www.trello.com or visit the Trello Resources page at https://trello.com/b/nPNSBZjB/trello-resources to learn additional ways to use Trello inside and outside of the classroom. Please note that users can elect to upgrade to a paid account to gain access to additional features and tools.