The CMS Accessibility Checklist has been designed to review and identify any ADA areas of concern within D2L courses. The checklist is a self-assessment tool designed to assist Instructors in the review of their course and course materials to ensure that their course is accessible for all students. This training will provide an overview of how to apply the CMS Accessibility Checklist to a D2L course as well as develop a revision plan for revising course materials.
Estimated time for completion: 45 minutes
- Define accessibility and apply pertinent ADA requirements to the planning and design of D2L course(s).
- Identify accessible and non-accessible content within D2L course(s).
- Identify course design principles that promote accessibility.
- Create and revise documents (Word, PowerPoint, PDF) for accessibility.
- Add Closed Captioning to videos in Kaltura.
- Develop a revision plan for making updates.
- List resources available to assist with accessibility.
- About Accessibility
- Introduction to the CMS Accessibility Checklist
- Section 1: D2L Course Design
- Section 2: Documents
- Section 3: Multimedia and Images
- Creating a Revision Plan
- Accessibility Support Tools and LCC Resources
- Login to D2L.
- From the My Home page, locate the My Courses widget.
- Select the CMS Accessibility Checklist and Revision Plan Training.