Ally in D2L
Ally in D2L Overview
Ally is an accessibility tool, integrated into D2L, designed to improve the usability and accessibility of course content that is created or uploaded into D2L. Ally as a tool will not change how Instructors currently use D2L for the management of their courses but will aid Instructors in identifying course content that could be improved for accessibility.
- Automatically checks course files against WCAG 2.1 AA (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) accessibility standards.
- Assigns an accessibility score to course files, indicating the accessibility level.
- Provides step-by-step instructions for how to improve the accessibility of course files.
- Generates a Course Accessibility Report for instructors, providing an at-a-glance view of the overall accessibility of the course and course files.
- Generates alternative formats to original course files including audio, ePub, electronic braille, OCR/tagged PDF, and HTML for viewing on mobile devices.
For more information view the Ally in D2L - Six Steps for Improving the Accessibility of Course Files in D2L.
Ally in D2L for Instructors
Help Pages for Instructors
Communications for Instructors
Campus Meetings and Faculty Professional Development Days
The eLearning Department Instructional Designers will be attending campus meetings to share information regarding the integration of Ally in D2L as well as answer any questions that Instructors might have.
Professional Development Days
Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Friday, November 8, 2019
Ally in D2L for Students
Communications for Students
Help Page for Students