Course Home Page
The Course Home page is the first page when entering a course and consists of a navigation bar that provides access to course information and resources through links, menus, and widgets.
- Course Navigation Bar: Provides access to links and menus including Content, Grades, Assessments Menu, Communication Menu, Course Help Menu, Course Progress Menu, and Manage Course Menu.
- Course Home Page Widgets: Provides access to Announcements, Concourse Syllabus System, Content Browser, Updates, Calendar, Library, and Course Quota.
Course Home Navigation Bar
- Content: Provides an area to add course content (assignments, quizzes, readings, articles, etc.) in organized folders.
- Grades: Provides access to the course grade book to enter assignment grades and feedback.
- Assessments: Provides access to assessment tools (see table below).
- Communication: Provides access to communication tools (see table below).
- Course Help: Provides access to course help resources (see table below).
- Course Progress: Provides access to course progress tools (see table below).
- Manage Course: Provides access to course management tools (see table below).
||Course Help Menu
||Course Progress Menu
||Manage Course Menu
Note: The images below present the view of a default Course Home page.
Course Home Widgets
- Announcements: Displays course announcements posted by the instructor.
- Calendar: Displays a mini-calendar with a list of upcoming events created by the instructor.
- Library: Provides access to LCC Library Resources and Ask a Librarian.
- Concourse Syllabus System: Provides access to the course syllabus.
- Content Browser: Provides access to browse course content, view recently visited topics, and view bookmarked topics.
- Updates: Displays updates that have occurred in the course, including unread discussion posts and new emails.
- Course Quota: Displays the current course quota usage percentage. Each course is allotted 500 MB of usage space.