HTML Source Code Method
IMPORTANT! In order to edit the alt text of an image using the HTML source code method, please proceed with caution. When accessing the HTML source code, it is heavily advised to ONLY edit the alt text, using care to maintain all opening and closing ” marks. Editing anything else can cause errors within the HTML source code and impact the visual display of the page.
- Navigate to the item (Assignment Folder, Announcement, Discussion, etc.) containing the image.
- Select to Edit the item.
- From the HTML Editor, select the HTML Source Editor icon.
- In the source code, locate the Alternative Text and Title.
NOTE: In the source code, the alternative text begins with “alt =”, while the title begins with “title =”.
- Update the Alternative Text (within the quotation marks) as desired.
- Update the Title to match the alternative text from A.
NOTE: The Alternative Text will be read by screen readers, while the title appears when a user hovers a mouse over the image.
- Select Save.
- Select Save and Close or Update.