Kaltura is LCC’s video platform that allows Instructors to create, store, and stream multimedia including video, audio, and screen capture. Kaltura has been updated with new features including:
New to Kaltura? To learn about Kaltura and all of its capabilities, visit the Kaltura Section on the eLearning Instructor Resource Site.
There are now two methods for embedding video and video quizzes into D2L courses.
Method 1: Embedding Kaltura Videos through the HTML Editor
This method uses Insert Stuff to embed Kaltura Videos in D2L Announcements, Discussions, and additional places where the HTML Editor is available. For complete instructions, visit Embedding Kaltura Videos through the HTML Editor.
Method 2: Adding a Kaltura Video Quiz to a Content Module
This method uses Add Existing Activities in Content to embed Kaltura Videos and Kaltura Video Quizzes in Content Modules. Please note, this is the required method for connecting Kaltura Video Quizzes to the D2L Gradebook. For complete instructions, visit Adding a Kaltura Video Quiz to a Content Module.
Kaltura In-Video Quizzing
Two updates have been made to Kaltura In-Video Quizzing:
Update 1: Kaltura In-Video Quizzing & D2L Gradebook Connection
Kaltura Video Quizzes can now be connected with the D2L Gradebook! To connect a Kaltura Video Quiz with the D2L Gradebook, it must be first be added to a D2L Content module.
- For complete instructions for adding a Video Quiz to a Content module, visit Adding a Kaltura Video Quiz to a Content Module.
- For complete instructions for connecting a Kaltura Video Quiz with the D2L Gradebook, visit Connecting a Video Quiz to the D2L Gradebook.
Please note the following:
- Kaltura Video Quizzes have limited functionality and do not have the same feature and options as a D2L Quiz.
- Gradebook connections must be made PRIOR to students completing the video quiz. Otherwise instructors will have to manually transfer prior grades from Kaltura Analytics.
Update 2: New Kaltura In-Video Quizzing Question Types
- There are now three question types to select from when building a Kaltura In-Video Quiz:
- Multiple Choice
- Reflection Point
Please Note: Reflection Point is a no response question type, it is intended to provide a pause for reflection.
For more information on Kaltura Video Quizzes and question types, visit Kaltura In-Video Quizzing Overview.
Redesigned Kaltura Editor in My Media
The Video Editor in My Media has been updated to provide additional editing capabilities.
Video Editor Update
The redesigned editor now offers editing features within My Media. With the new editing features, you’ll be able to edit after videos have been uploaded to My Media. New editing features include, Trim and Chop, and Fade In/Fade Out. For additional information, visit Editing Video in Kaltura: Trim and Chop.