IMPORTANT NOTE: The accuracy of machine captions is dependent on the quality of the recording and the speaker’s voice. Typically, the accuracy of machine captions will be about 70 – 80%; therefore, the captions must be reviewed and manually edited to 100% accuracy to meet ADA Standards. For more information on ADA Standards, click here: Understanding WCAG 2.0
- From the D2L My Home page, select My Media.
- Locate the video for which you wish to edit captions.
- Select the Video Thumbnail and/or Video Title to open the video.
- Select the Actions menu, then select Captions Requests.
- Select Review and Approve. This will launch the Captions Editor.
NOTE: If you do not have “Review and Approve” as a selectable option your captions have not completed processing. Captions process in approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- Captions Editor Layout and Features
- Filter Options: Select Timestamps to view the time for each caption track. Correct the beginning and end timestamp if it isn’t in sync with the video.
- Captions Display: The captions will display one row for each of the recording’s caption tracks. Select the caption(s) you wish to edit from the left-hand column.
- Captions Editor: In the yellow-shaded textbox, manually edit the selected caption(s) while streaming the video.
- Select Save to save all edits.
- Select Approve to publish the edits.
- Select Approve on the confirmation pop-up.