Videos posted in Announcements should communicate important course information to all students as they enter the course.
Why Post Videos in Announcements?
- Increase instructor presence
- Communicate important information that students will see upon entering the course
- Increase communication
- Grab students attention
- Reach out to student, especially audio/visual learners
- Make important information stand out
Types of Videos to Post in Announcements:
- Course Welcome & Instructor Introduction
- Weekly Introductions (preview of upcoming concepts, assignments)
- Weekly wrap ups (conclusion of concepts, assignments, brief intro of upcoming concepts)
- Course/Assignment Reminders (due dates, changes or updates to assignments, etc.)
- Explanation/demonstration of FAQs or issues
Kaltura in D2L News Announcements