Kaltura is a video platform that allows you to create, store and stream multimedia (video, audio, screen capture, etc.). Videos can then be added to your D2L course(s), including discussion board posts and Assignment Folder submissions.
Suggestions for Using Video in Your D2L Course(s)
Videos posted to the discussion board will be visible to the instructor and all students in the course. Videos posted to an Assignment Folder will be accessible only to the instructor.
- Record and post a personal introduction to the discussion board
- Include video as part of an assignment, group project, etc. Note: Before submitting video for a course assignment, check with your instructor to ensure this format will be accepted.
Getting Started: Click here if you’re new to using Kaltura.
- Capture Recording Options
- Creating a Screen Capture and Webcam Recording
- Creating a Screen Capture Recording
- Creating a Webcam Recording
- Creating an Audio Recording
- Editing Video in Kaltura: Trim and Chop
- Embedding Kaltura Videos through the HTML editor
- Installing Kaltura Capture
- Kaltura- Getting Started
- Uploading an Existing File to My Media